Nina Kani is a strategic ally of the firm in all labor and employment matters. Ms. Kani is an experienced litigator and legal advisor in the field of labor and employment law. Ms. Kani's practice spans many years of experience in a wide variety of industries, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies. Ms. Kani’s practice focuses on advice and counseling on all aspects of labor and employment law and labor and employment litigation. She also routinely handles internal investigations for employers and responds on her clients' behalf to demand letters and complaints filed with government agencies.
In addition, Ms. Kani is a seasoned litigator, with experience in sexual harassment, disability, retaliation, wage and hour and trade secret disputes. She has served as a key litigator on numerous cases and has prepared for numerous jury trials.
Ms. Kani is also an experienced traditional labor law attorney. Ms. Kani has handled numerous union related issues on behalf of employers, with a focus on labor-management arbitrations and handling administrative disputes such as Unfair Labor Practice charges.
Prior to founding her own practice, Ms. Kani was a labor and employment attorney at Foley & Lardner LLP and O’Melveny & Myers LLP in San Francisco. More information is available at www.kanilaw.com.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- University of California, Irvine, California
- B.A. summa cum laude - 1999
- Major: Political Science
- Major: International Studies
- Off the Hook? Retaliation case ruling favors supervisors, but they can still face liability in other instances, The Recorder, April 23, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Bar, Member
- California Bar Organization, Member, Labor & Employment Practice Group
Past Employment Positions
- Foley & Lardner, LLP, Associate, 2007 - 2010
- O'Melveny & Myers LLP, Associate, 2002 - 2007
- Hon. Howard A. Matz of the United States District Court in Los Angeles, Calif, Legal Extern